DSA “Earthen architecture, building cultures and sustainable development” – academic year 2020/2021
The DSA “Earthen architecture, constructive cultures and sustainable development” is a post-master’s program, accredited by a national diploma of specialization and advanced study in architecture (DSA- Diplôme National de Spécialisation et d’Approfondissement en Architecture), qualified by the French’s Ministry of Culture and issued by the Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Architecture de Grenoble (ENSAG).
Admissions for the academic year 2020/2021 are open at ENSAG from 15 January to 5 April 2020. Applications are examined by an independent commission. The results will be communicated by e-mail before 25 June 2020.
As an indication, the registration fee for the year 2019/2020 was:
- 996 € registration fees,
- 91 € Contribution to Student and Campus Life (CVEC).
The “DSA Earthen Architecture” is organised into nine training units, for a total of 2400 hours distributed as following: 890 supervised hours, 800 hours of individual work, and 710 hours of professional internship :
1. Earthen architecture and construction cultures
2. Scientific foundations, techniques and methodologies
3. Earthen architecture careers: housing
4. Earthen architecture careers: heritage
5. Practice and implementation: experimentation
6. Professional internship
7. Practice and implementation: experimentation
8. In depth: thematic seminar ‘Material, Housing, Heritage’
9. Final dissertation
Requested documents for application
The application file needs to include, in the following order:
- The information form for the DSA;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A letter of application specifying areas of interest and motivation, and future professional intentions;
- Copy of the Master’s level diploma (BAC+5)
- For European candidates, a valid certificate of minimum level of French (B1).
- Portfolio of a maximum 20 pages document, related to earthen architecture or local building cultures in a specific country or region.
- Optional: A copy of the final Master’s thesis (only if related to one of the themes of the course) or any other document useful for the selection.
The digital file in PDF format (including the information form, portfolio and requested documents) will be sent before April 5, 2020 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The file will be named as follows: name-firstname.pdf and will not exceed 8 Mb.
No paper files will be considered. No document will be returned to the candidates independently of the commission’s decision.
Fore more information, consult : http://craterre.org/enseignement:dsa-architecture-de-terre/?new_lang=fr_FR