[Call for applications] DSA “Earthen architecture, building cultures and sustainable development” | CRAterre
APPLY NOW FOR THE 2022-2024 SESSION
Call: from December 2021 until the end of February 2022.
Find all the info at: https://www.grenoble.archi.fr/dsa-terre/#
The post-master mention « architecture and heritage » specialty « earthen architecture » aims to meet international social demand in areas related to the professions of earth architecture and more particularly in the following areas:
- the scientific and technical foundations of earthen architecture and its millennial knowledge and know-how: raw material, materials, elements, structure, construction systems, architecture,
- conservation and sustainable management of architectural, archaeological and historical heritage,
- fundamental scientific research on the material,
- research and development in constructive innovation,
- the contemporary approach to architecture and the social and economic environmental balance,
- low-cost housing with a view to sustainable local development,
- university and professional training in earthen architecture,
- research training in the field, from a doctoral perspective.
The “DSA Earthen Architecture” is organised into nine training units, for a total of 2400 hours distributed as following: 890 supervised hours, 800 hours of individual work, and 710 hours of professional internship :
1. Earthen architecture and construction cultures
2. Scientific foundations, techniques and methodologies
3. Earthen architecture careers: housing
4. Earthen architecture careers: heritage
5. Practice and implementation: experimentation
6. Professional internship
7. Practice and implementation: experimentation
8. In depth: thematic seminar ‘Material, Housing, Heritage’
9. Final dissertation
The DSA “Earthen architecture” is a training course that takes place over 2 years, every 2 years .
The registration campaign for the next session (2022-2024) will be open during the month of November 2021.
The training is structured as follows:
- Beginning: November of even years
- Classes: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. from November to the end of May of the following year.
During this period it is difficult to have a professional activity except weekends and holidays.
- Professional situation and writing of the dissertation: from June of odd years to May of the following year.
During this period it is possible to have a professional activity.
- Seminars and finalization of the thesis: from January to September of the second year.
Theoretical and practical courses are provided by teachers and researchers from the CRAterre-AE&CC, as well as by recognized experts of origin international. The seminars bring together students, researchers, professors and graduates around various work in progress, allowing students to better position themselves with regard to professional practices. Professional scenarios, which can take different forms, provide irreplaceable additional training. The thesis is a personal work of fundamental or applied research.
Grenoble School of Architecture,
60 avenue de Constantine
38036 Grenoble cedex 2 – FRANCE